Saturday, February 21, 2015

Get To Know Me | 2015 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon



I'm so excited to be a part of the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon this year! I can't wait to meet some of the other lovely bloggers and learn all about them! You can find the list of other Book Bloggers here at AlexaLovesBooks. Be sure to give the other bloggers some love! Thanks for stopping by! 


  • What’s your name? 
    • Ella 
  • Where in the world are you blogging from?
    • Sweet Home Alabama :) 
  • How did you get into blogging in the first place?
    • I started this blog shortly after I started writing for National Novel Writing Month. I wanted something that would keep me accountable for my writing goals and an outlet that I could use to get out my writing frustrations. From there it turned into a book promotion and book review blog by accident. 
  • How did you come up with your blog name?
    • It's very literal. I am a writer in progress. It feels weird to just say "Oh, I'm a writer." because I feel like it's a process. No matter how seasoned you are, you can always improve so I'm always "in progress". 
  • What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
    • I've noticed a romance trend. Completely unintentional but I can't resist a good love fest. 
  • What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
    • I honestly haven't done much lately. I've been a little neglectful of this poor blog. I've posted some discussions and some rants, mostly rants. I've also posted some promotion for my book; a playlist, excerpts, a review opportunity, etc. I'm thinking up some new stuff to add soon. 
  • Best blogging experience so far?
    • Having an author that I really like commenting on my blog. I'm not much of a 'fangirl' but I definitely squealed for that! 
  • Favorite thing about the blogging community?
    • For the most part, the people. I'm very much an introvert so I've been very slow to interact with people in the blogging community but those who I have come in contact with and interacted with are really fun and very welcoming. 
  • Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
  • What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
    • Oooh, good question....I would say The Selection by Keira Cass. I will say these aren't the most well written books I've ever read but I like the concept and I really do love some of the characters. 
  • Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
    • Scout Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird. 
  • Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
    • I write, obviously, but I also love spending time with my kids and our smelly dog, sewing, making jewelry, playing basketball with my husband, or binge-watching trashy shows on Netflix/Hulu
  • Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
    • Craft supplies, office supplies, and purses. Not necessarily in that order. 
  • At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
    • Um. My "song" changes just about every day but right now I'm really stuck on Sugar by Maroon 5. I sing it to the hubs quite often. 
  • Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. 
    • I don't really like it when books are turned into movies or vice versa but if I had to choose, I would probably go with Empty Cup by Suzanne Costigan. I was just given the opportunity to review this book (review coming soon) and it is amazingly heartbreaking. I could really see it playing out on a movie screen though because of some of the drama in the book. BUT -- if it ever becomes a movie, theaters should offer free boxes of tissues for people who get the ugly cries. It will happen! 

 photo email_zps1ff7c9ad.png  photo goodreads_zps00371d7e.png  photo twitterbird_zps53a3b02d.png  photo google-Copy_zps49b07d3d.png  photo pinterest_zps2d5df537.png  photo bloglovin_zps87218985.png


blogger template by lovebird
Web Analytics